Our undergraduate students received "best poster" awards
The First METU Science Day, was taken place at Cultural and Convention Center of METU on June 10, 2015. This event aimed to promote the undergraduate research within various engineering department. 8 posters among 38 belong to our undergraduate students. Posters were judged according to contribution of undergraduates, presentation quality, scientific content and applicability of the study.
Three METE posters recognized at the "METU Science Day" with the "Best Poster Award" included:
- Baran TUNÇ (Junior) - "DIY Low-Cost Zombie Polymer 3D Printer"
- Pelin LİVAN (Senior), Cavit Eyövge (MS) - "Production of carbon encapsulated metallic nanoparticles by spark discharge generator"
- Mehmet Can ZEYBEK (Senior), Merve ERTUĞRUL (Senior), Deniz BENLİ (Senior) - "Thin Film Heaters for Transparent Toasters"
Full list of contributed posters is:
- Serkan KOYLAN (Junior), Can OKUYUCU (English Preparatory) - "TiAl6V4 Alloy Produced by Metal 3D Printer"
- Burcu ÇAM (Junior), Can OKUYUCU (English Preparatory) - "Metallic Glass/Nanocrystalline Composite Materials"
- Şeyma KOÇ (Junior), Tolga Han ULUCAN (Junior), Fatih SIKAN (MS) - "High Entropy Alloys (HEAs)"
- Salim ÇALISKAN (Senior), M. Emre ÇETİNKAYA (Senior), Taha Yasin EKEN (Senior), Şahin GOREN (Senior), Murat GÜVEN (Senior), Cemre Metin POYRAZ (Senior), Burhan YILMAZ (Senior)- "Creep resistant Magnesium alloy development for helicopter gearbox"
- İpek BAYRAKTAR (Senior), Elif Özlem GÜNER (Senior), Mert KOÇER (Senior), Pelin LİVAN (Senior), Sevim POLAT (Senior), Doğancan TİGAN (Senior) - "Thin Film Heaters for Transparent Toasters"
We congratulate all of our students for their outstanding contribution in the first METU Science Day!