Energy Storage Devices and Battery Laboratory
The group is focused on the design, production and characterization of secondary batteries based on Lead-Acid Ni – MH batteries and Li – Ion batteries.
- Hettich Centrifuge: For separation of substance or substance mixtures with a density of max. 1.2 kg / dm3.
- Retsch PM400 Planetary Ball Mill: For milling and mixing soft, medium-hard up to extremely hard, brittle and fibrous materials. Both dry and wet milling operations can be carried out.
- MBraun Unistar Glove Box: For processing and storage of organic materials.
- Retsch RM200: For operating authority. This machine is suitable for dry and wet milling of soft, medium hard, hard, pasty and brittle materials, up to a hardness of 9 on the Mohs’ scale.
- Retsch PM200: For grinding and mixing materials that are soft, medium hard to extremely hard, brittle or fibrous. Dry and wet milling is possible.
- Carbolite Chamber Furnaces: For calcination. Operates between 1100-1300°C.
- Carbolite Split Furnaces: For calcination. Operates up to 1200°C.
- Carbolite Bottom Loading Furnace: For calcination. Operates between 1700-1800°C.
- Memmert Vacuum Drying Oven with Pump Module: For vacuum drying with short warming up times, high-precision temperature control and turbo-drying.
- Memmert Humidity Chamber: For curing processes with controllable humidity and temperature.
- Freeze Dryer: For dehydration processes. Freeze-drying works by freezing the material and then reducing the surrounding pressure to allow the frozen water in the material to sublimate directly from the solid phase to the gas phase.
- Berghoff High Preactor: For hydrothermal synthesis.
- Indutherm Mini Casting Unit: For casting and alloying under vacuum or controllable atmosphere.
- Solartron Multistat: For acquiring and analyzing electrochemical data experiments.
- Princeton VersaStat: For using in corrosion, energy storage and electrochemistry. Electrochemical techniques provided that are widely used in corrosion applications include Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS), and EIS at various polarization levels.
Completed and Ongoing Research Projects
- Development and Production of Li – Ion Batteries for Electric Vehicles (2010-…) SANTEZ Project
- The Design, Production and Electrochemical Characterization of CaNi5 Compounds NiMH Batteries (2010-2012) The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK)
- Development and Characterization of High Energy Cathode Materials for Lithium-Ion Batteries (2010-2012) METU – BAP Project
- Energy materials: Secondary Battery Development (2009-2011) DPT Project
- First Principles Modeling of Hydrogen Storage in Magnesium and Iron – Titanium Alloys (2006-2008) The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK)
- Modeling of Glass Forming Ability in Metals and Alloys (2002-2003) DPT Project
- Development and Production of Anode Materials for Secondary Lithium Batteries (2001-2002) DPT Project
- Development and Production of AgO – Zn Batteries for Underwater Vehicles