Photocatalytic Materials Laboratory
The group is focused on the synthesis and production of photocatalytic materials and evaluation of their photocatalytic properties. The studies of interest include self cleaning applications, dye sensitized solar cells (DSSC), antibacterial coatings, dental materials.
- Retsch PM100 Planetary Ball Mill: For particle size reduction of ceramic powders.
- Hanil Fleta 5 Centrifugal Seperator: For seperation of nano particles from micro/macro sols.
- Scinco S-3100 Spectrophotometer: For absorbance, transmittance measurement.
- UTO Instruments Autoclave: For high temperature-pressure production of materials.
- CSM Instruments Pin-on-disk type Tribometer: For investigation of wear properties.
- Light sources/UV lamps: For the evaluation of photocatalytic acitivity.
- Various other materials chemistry tools (spin coater, high/low temperature furnaces, ultrasonic probe, ultrasonic cleaner)
Completed and Ongoing Research Projects
- Production of Photocatalytic TiO2 Powder by Ball Milling (2009) METU – BAP Project.
- Synthesis of Visible Light Sensitive Boron and Zirconium Added Photocatalytic TiO2 (2010-2011) METU – BAP Project.
- Synthesis of Visible Light Sensitive Boron and Zirconium Added Photocatalytic TiO2 (2010-2011) National Boron Research Institute (BOREN).
- Production of Nano-sized Titania Sol and highly efficient Photocatalytic TiO2 Powder by mechanical Ball Milling (2010-2012) The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK).
- Development of photocatalytic and discontinous fiber enhanced dental composites (2010-2012) The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK).
- Production of dye-sensitized solar cell with photocatalytic TiO2 nano powder (2011) METU – BAP Project.
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Jongee Park, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Division, Atılım University.