Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
The graduates of the METU Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Department are engineering professionals who
- are preferred in areas of new and conventional materials technology and/or materials product and process development,
- work effectively and efficiently in the priority fields such as defense, energy, and transportation,
- are preferred by leading/important private and public institutions as engineers and researchers,
- follow graduate education in the prestigious universities’ relevant engineering and science departments and have a successful academic career,
- are distinguished in their careers as leaders and experts,
- are engaged in appropriate professional societies and continuing education activities.