Batur Ercan (Vice Chair)
- Post-doc: Northeastern University, MA, USA (2013-2014)
- Post-doc: Harvard Medical School, MA, USA (2011-2013)
- Ph.D.: Brown University, RI, USA (2011)
- M.S.: Purdue University, IN, USA (2005)
- B.S.: Middle East Technical University, Turkey (2003)
- Surface Treatments and Coatings
- Tissue Engineering
- Cell-Material Interactions
- P. Piszczek, A. Radtke, M. Ehlert, T. Jędrzejewski, A. Sznarkowska, B. Sadowska, M. Bartmański, Y. K. Erdoğan, B. Ercan and W. Jedrzejczyk, "Comprehensive evaluation of the biological properties of surface-modified titanium alloy implants", Journal of Clinical Medicine, 9, 342, (2020).
- Ç. M Oral, A. Çalışkan, Y. Göçtü, D. Kapusuz and B. Ercan, “Synthesis of calcium carbonate microspheres via inert gas bubbling for orthopedic applications”, Ceramics International, 46, 3, 3513-3522, (2020).
- Y. Tufan, E.C Demir, M. Efe and B. Ercan, “Efficient fabrication of ultrafine-grained 316L stainless steel surfaces for orthopaedic applications”, Materials Science and Technology, 35, 15, 1891-1897, (2019).
- M. İzmir, Y. Tufan, G. Tan and B. Ercan, “Ti6Al4V foams having nanotubular surfaces for orthopaedic applications”, Surface and Interface Analysis, 51, 9, 954-963, (2019).
- M. İzmir and B. Ercan, “Fabrication of micropit structures on Ti6Al4V alloy using fluoride-free anodization for orthopedic applications”, Journal of Materials Research, 34 (7), 1084-1092, (2019).
- M. İzmir and B. Ercan, “Anodization of titanium alloys for orthopedic applications”, Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering, 13 (1), 28-45, (2019).
- Ç. M. Oral and B. Ercan, “Influence of pH on morphology, size and polymorph of room temperature synthesized calcium carbonate particles’, Powder Technology, 339, 781-788, (2018).
- S. Chung, B. Ercan, A.K. Roy and T.J. Webster, “Addition of selenium nanoparticles to electrospun silk scaffold improves the mammalian cell activity while reducing bacterial growth”, Frontiers in Physiology, 7, 1-17, (2016).
- L. Liu, B. Ercan, L. Sun, K.Z. Ziemer and T.J. Webster, “Understanding the Role of Polymer Surface Nanoscale Topography on Inhibiting Bacteria Adhesion and Growth”, ACS Biomaterial Science and Engineering, 2, 1, 122−130, (2016).
- S. Atefyekta, B. Ercan, J. Karlsson, E. Taylor, S. Chung, T.J. Webster and M. Andersson, “Antimicrobial performance of mesoporous titania thin films: role of pore size, hydrophobicity, and antibiotic release” International Journal of Nanomedicine, 11, 977-990, (2016).
- Z. Karahaliloğlu, B. Ercan, E.N. Taylor, S. Chung, E.B. Denkbaş, and T.J. Webster, “Antibacterial nanostructured polyhydroxybutyrate membranes for guided bone regeneration”, Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 11, 12, 2253-2263, (2015).
- D.J. Hickey, B. Ercan, L. Sun, and T.J. Webster, “Adding MgO nanoparticles to hydroxyapatite-PLLA nanocomposites for improved bone tissue engineering applications”, Acta Biomaterialia, 14, 1, 175-184, (2015).
- Z. Karahaliloğlu, B. Ercan, E.B. Denkbaş, and T.J. Webster, “Nanofeatured silk fibroin membranes for dermal wound healing applications”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 103, 1, 135-144 (2015).
- Z. Karahaliloğlu, B. Ercan, S. Chung, E. Taylor, E.B. Denkbaş and T.J. Webster, “Nanostructured anti-bacterial poly-lactic-co-glycolic acid films for skin-tissue engineering applications”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 102, 12, 4598-4608, (2014).
- S. Ni, L. Sun, B. Ercan, L. Liu, K. Ziemer and T.J. Webster, “A mechanism for the enhanced attachment and proliferation of fibroblasts on anodized 316L stainless steel with nano-pit arrays”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 102, 6, 1297-1303, (2014).
- B. Ercan, E. Taylor, E. Alpaslan and T.J. Webster, “Diameter of titanium nanotubes influences anti-bacterial efficacy”, Nanotechnology, 22, 29, (2011).
- B. Ercan, K. Kummer, K.M. Tarquinio and T.J. Webster, “Decreased biofilm growth on anodized nanotubular titanium and the effect of electrical stimulation”, Acta Biomaterialia, 7, 7, 3003-11, (2011).
- B. Ercan, and T.J. Webster, “The effect of biphasic electrical stimulation on osteoblast function at anodized nanotubular titanium surfaces”, Biomaterials, 31, 13, 3684-93, (2010).
07/06/2021 - 10:33