Batur Ercan (Vice Chair)
Post-doc: 2013-2014 Northeastern University, MA, USA
- Post-doc Harvard Medical School, MA, USA (2011-2013)
- Ph.D. Brown University, RI, USA (2011)
- M.S. Purdue University, IN, USA (2005)
- B.S. Middle East Technical University, Turkey (2003)
- Material Surface Treatments and Coatings
- Tissue Engineering
- S. Chung, B. Ercan, A. K. Roy, T. J. Webster, " Addition of selenium nanoparticles to electrospun silk scaffold improves the mammalian cell activity while reducing bacterial growth". Frontiers in Physiology, 7, 297, (2016)
- S. Atefyekta, B. Ercan, J. Karlsson, E. Taylor, S. Chung, T. J. Webster, M. Andersson, "Antimicrobial performance of mesoporous titania thin films: role of pore size, hydrophobicity, and antibiotic release", International Journal of Nanomedicine, 11,977-990, (2016)
- Z. Karahaliloglu, B. Ercan, E. N. Taylor, S. Chung, E.B. Denkbas, T. J. Webster, "Antibacterial nanostructured Polyhydroxybutyrate membranes for guided bone regeneration", Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology,11, 12, 2253-2263 (2015)
- D.J. Hickey, B. Ercan, L. Sun, and T.J. Webster, “Adding MgO nanoparticles to hydroxyapatite-PLLA nanocomposites for improved bone tissue engineering applications”, Acta Biomaterialia, 14, 1, 175-184, (2015).
- Z. Karahaliloglu, B. Ercan, E.B. Denkbas, and T.J. Webster, “Nanofeatured silk fibroin membranes for dermal wound healing applications”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 103, 1, 135-144 (2015).
- S. Ni, L. Sun, B. Ercan, L. Liu, K. Ziemer and T.J. Webster, “A mechanism for the enhanced attachment and proliferation of fibroblasts on anodized 316L stainless steel with nano-pit arrays”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 102, 6, 1297-1303, (2014).
- K.M Kummer, E.N. Taylor, N.G. Durmas, K.M.Tarquinio, B. Ercan, and T.J. Webster, “Effects of different sterilization techniques and varying anodized TiO2 nanotube dimensions on bacteria growth”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 101, 5, 677-88, (2013).
- D.J. Gorth, S. Puckett, B. Ercan, T.J. Webster, M. Rahaman and B.S. Bal, “Decreased bacteria activity on Si3N4 surfaces compared with PEEK or titanium”, International Journal of Nanomedicine, 7, 4829-4840, (2012).
- B. Ercan, E. Taylor, E. Alpaslan and T.J. Webster, “Diameter of titanium nanotubes influences anti-bacterial efficacy”, Nanotechnology, 22, 29, (2011).
- B. Ercan, K. Kummer, K.M. Tarquinio and T.J. Webster, “Decreased biofilm growth on anodized nanotubular titanium and the effect of electrical stimulation”, Acta Biomaterialia, 7, 7, 3003-11, (2011).
- Z.P. Sun, B. Ercan, Z. Evis and T.J. Webster, “Microstructural, mechanical, and osteocompatibility properties of Mg2+/F- doped nanophase hydroxyapatite”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 94A, 3, 806-15, (2010).
- B. Ercan, and T.J. Webster, “The effect of biphasic electrical stimulation on osteoblast function at anodized nanotubular titanium surfaces”, Biomaterials, 31, 13, 3684-93, (2010).
- B. Ercan, H. Wang, W. Porter, K.J. Bowman and R.W. Trice, “Effect of initial powder morphology on thermal and mechanical properties of stand-alone plasma-sprayed 7 wt.% Y2O3–ZrO2 coatings”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 435-36: 212–20, (2006).
10/07/2019 - 17:42